What is Education?
is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. Educational methods include storytelling, discussion, teaching, training, and directed research. Education frequently takes place under the guidance of educators, but learners may also educate themselves. Education can take place in formal or informal settings and any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational. The methodology of teaching is called pedagogy.
Education is commonly divided formally into such stages as preschool or kindergarten, primary school, secondary school and then college, university, or apprenticeship.
A right to education has been recognized by some governments and the United Nations. In most regions, education is compulsory up to a certain age.
- Education brings about an inherent and permanent change in a person’s thinking and capacity to do things.
- Many people have a superficial concept of education; equating it with doing a particular course or obtaining a particular qualification.
- Qualifications and courses however do not always equate with effective education.
- People can undertake courses without any significant permanent change
- People can achieve qualifications without changing.
How Good is a Qualification?
There’s no escaping the fact that good learning takes time.
Reading a book and understanding what you read, does not mean that you have been educated (or permanently changed), if you don’t integrate what you read into your attitudes and memory. Similarly, attending a course and hearing a lecture doesn’t mean you have changed or been educated.
Real education is very different to just having access to (or being exposed to) information about something. Real education embeds things into one’s brain, and anyone who understands learning will understand that this comes from repeated exposure and use of information or skills.
Sadly, in today’s world, people want to fast track everything: but learning is something that cannot usually be fast tracked.
Our principal and staff have written dozens of reference books as supplementary texts to complement studies in our school
These books are mostly available as Ebook, through our online bookstore. They include the following titles. You can click on any of these titles to go to the bookstore and see more details, on that title
- Advanced Certificate In Applied Management (Instructional & Training Skills)
- Advanced Certificate in Education Support
- Certificate In Alternative Education
- Certificate in Teaching
- Classroom Delivery Skills
- Course Writing And Development
- Delivering Distance Education
- Educational Psychology
- Instructional Skills
AREAS OF STUDY
- Business and Management
- Construction and Engineering
- Ecotourism and Adventure Activities
- Environment and Wildlife
- Health Science
- Health, Fitness and Recreation
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information Technology
- Pet Care
- and Workshops
- Self Designed
Best education career– click now